The journalist who was speculated to have posted now popular IGP “TRANSMISSION” video where the inspector general of the Nigeria police was struggling to read from a prepared speech, has denied going into hiding. In a press release signed by the journalist, Aminu Nurudeen, he said he was neither invited by the police nor has he gone into hiding.
See full press release below:
My attention has been drawn to a widely circulated news report in today’s edition of the Punch newspaper with the above caption.
The article erroneusly linked my person to a trending video of the IG Police. It also erroneusly claimed I was invited by the police and that I am currently on the run.
I wish to categorically state as follows;
1. That I, Aminu Nurudeen Amin, is not a blogger for Voice of Liberty Newspaper.
2. I never released the said video in circulation.
3. I was never invited by the kano police command and I am certainly not on the run.
4. In my capacity as the Kano State correspondent of Liberty TV/Radio, I have a professional relationship with the Kano State police command as partners in the development of our dear country.
5. The Punch is advised to ensure they get their facts right before promoting false and inaccurate stories.
Signed: Aminu Nurudeen Amin