[FULL LIST] COVID-19: FG Releases Passport Details Of 100 Banned Passengers

The presidential taskforce on COVID-19 has released the passport numbers of 100 Nigerians who refused to undergo the mandatory COVID-19 test after returning to the country.

In a tweet on Saturday, the taskforce said it had placed travel restrictions on the affected passengers for failing to comply with COVID-19 travel guidelines.

At its December 24 briefing on Thursday, Sani Aliyu, national coordinator of the PTF, had said the passport holders will be suspended from travelling for a minimum of six months adding that the visas of foreigners who evade the mandatory test would be revoked.

THE PTF HAS PLACED TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS ON THE FIRST 100 PASSENGERS FOR NON-COMPLIANCE TO THE MANDATORY DAY 7 POST-ARRIVAL COVID-19 TEST.#TAKERESPONSIBILITY PIC.TWITTER.COM/MV6V1RXYRP

— COVID-19 PRESIDENTIAL TASK FORCE (PTF) | NIGERIA (@DIGICOMMSNG) JANUARY 2, 2021

Details of the passports were published by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on Saturday.

“Based on Presidental authority, travel restrictions are placed on the following passports due to non-compliance to the mandatory Day 7 post-arrival COVID-19 test,” the communique read.

It said the restrictions started from January 1, 2021, and would last till June 30, 2021.

The PTF also confirmed that the affected passengers have been notified and will be prevented from out of the country during the period.

The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, who is also the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, had earlier in the week said the affected travellers would be published before the end of the week.

Nigeria has recorded over 85,000 COVID infections including more than 1,200 associated fatalities, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *